第一节 听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的A， B， C三个选项中选出最佳选项回答问题。听每段对话前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。(共5小题，计5分)
1. How was the weather yesterday?
A. Cloudy. B. Rainy C. Sunny.
2. What is Peter doing now?
A. Watching TV. B. Playing with his sister. C. Walking his dog.
3. Which subject does Cathy like best?
A. English. B. Chinese. C. Math.
4. Where is Jack’s dictionary?
A. In the study. B. In the living room.
C. In the bedroom.
5. How often does Lisa play volleyball?
A. Once a week. B. Twice a month.
C. Every day.
6. How many pages of Robinson Crusoe has Sam read?
A. 62. B. 82. C. 132
7. What does Anna think of Little Women?
A. Interesting. B. Exciting. C. Boring.
8. What are the speakers talking about?
A. A weekend plan. B. A business plan.
C. A study plan.
9. When will they climb the mountain?
A. On Friday. B. On Saturday.
C. On Sunday.
10. How did the man feel about the visit to his home city?
A. Sad. B. Tired. C. Excited
11. How long did it take to build the road bridge?
A. Three years. B. Five years.
C. Seven years.
12. Where did Paul get the science magazine from?
A. The city library. B. The post office.
C. The school library.
13. What does the girl think of self-driving cars?
A. Faster. B. Safer. C. Smaller.
14. What does the girl plan to do?
A. Give a speech. B. Reuse some rubbish.
C. Plant more trees.
15. What is wrong with John?
A. He failed his test. B. He is ill in hospital.
C. His legs hurt.
16. How will they go to the hospital?
A. By bus. B. By taxi. C. By subway.
17. When will they meet this afternoon?
A. At 4:20. B. At 4:30. C. At 4:50.
18. When was the Golden Gate Bridge finished?
A. In 1837. B. In 1937. C. In 1973.
19. Where can the visitors taste the best Italian food?
A. At Chinatown. B. At North Beach.
C. At Golden Gate Park.
20. What’s the best way to learn about the city and its history?
A. A tour on foot. B. A tour by bike.
C. A tour by bus.
第一节 语法填空从题中所给的A， B， C三个选项中选择最佳答案填空。（共10小题，计10分）
21. The twins are so alike that even their father finds _______ hard to tell them from each other.
A. it B. him C. them
22. --What happened to Mrs. Smart?
--She cut herself while she _______ lunch.
A. prepares B. is preparing
C. was preparing
23. _______ you smartphones, and read for at least 30 minutes every day! You know, reading helps us to deepen our spiritual world.
A. Put away B. To put away
C. Putting away
24. A Chinese survey team reached the top of Mount Qomolangma_______ May 27th, 2020, which will improve human knowledge of nature and scientific development.
A. at B. on C. in
25. We are glad _______ that traditional Chinese medicine can work wonders in preventing some diseases.
A. know B. to know C. knowing
26. _______ you have problems, just let me know. I’ll always be there for you.
A. However B. Whatever C. Whenever
27. The film My People, My Country, which amazed lots of movie-goers, _______ to the top of the Chinese box office last Monday.
A. jump B. jumped C. jumps
28. _______ the outbreak of COVID-19 is a terrible blow to the country, the government is trying hard to bring the situation under control.
A. Although B. If C. Unless
29. The school offers two courses on computer technology. One is for beginners and _______ is for those who already have some basic knowledge.
A. other B. another C. the other
30. Laura, someone is ringing the doorbell. Go and see _______, please.
A. who is he B. who it is C. who is it
第二节 词语填空通读下面的短文，掌握其大意，然后从题中所给的A， B，C三个选项中选出最佳答案填空。（共10小题，计10分）
As a university student, I decided to learn German. For some reason I really liked the language, but I was not very good at learning it. The grammar 31 me a lot and even drove me crazy. My only advantage was 32 I got an A+ on every word test I took. After two years of studies, I struggled(挣扎) to communicate in 33 German and signed up to study in Germany to complete my degree. It was the 34 term I would ever have.
The moment I arrived in Germany, I felt like I was starting from scratch(从头开始). The German I’d learned in university wasn’t 35 for everyday conversation. My book knowledge fell by the wayside was I thought about the basics of getting around, reading emails and talking with my classmates. I was often nervous at school, worried about whether the teachers would call on me in class and whether I’d understand their questions. I only 36 a little around my eight roommates, who were willing to speak German slowly to me and didn’t seem to mind my 37 .
I chose to study three courses--reading & writing, grammar and history. All were in German and difficult, but the history class was the worst. The teacher spoke so 38 that almost everything he said flew right over my head. I sat in the front, took notes and even recorded every single word he said in class, but 39 helped. I had no idea what the class was really about …
Years have passed, but I still remember how it felt to struggle so hard at 40 another language. That trip was a difficult but valuable lesson. I think my failure that term taught me just as much as my success.
31. A. gave B. helped C. troubled
32. A. listening B. spelling C. speaking
33. A. perfect B. broken C. beautiful
34. A. hardest B. easiest C. happiest
35. A. useless B. meaningless C. practical
36. A. relaxed B. feared C. wondered
37. A. purposes B. progress C. mistakes
38. A. slowly B. quickly C. clearly
39. A. nothing B. anything C. everything
40. A. creating B. teaching C. learning
第一节 图表理解阅读下列图表，从每题所给的A， B， C三个选项中，选出最佳选项回答问题或完成句子。（共5小题，计10分）
41. The chart(图表) above is most probably _______ for a new club.
A. a plan B. a letter C. an invitation
42. The club activities include the following EXCEPT _______.
A. holding workshops
B. inviting famous writers
C. putting stories on the school website
43. Who is missing in The Name of This Book Is Secret?
A. Salim. B. A magician. C. Max-Ernest.
44. What does Sarah mean by saying “I had my nose in it”?
A. She liked the smell of the book.
B. The book was very hard to understand.
C. The book was so interesting that she read it carefully.
45. How much money can you save if you buy an e-book of The London Eye Mystery instead of a hardcover of it?
第二节 短文理解阅读下面的短文，从题中所给的A， B， C三个选项中，选出最佳选项回答问题或完成句子。（共10小题，计20分）
of Two Cities. A Tale of Two Cities has sold more than 200 million copies. Since 1897, there have been more than 300 film and TV adaptations(改编版本) of Dickens’ works. A Christmas Carol alone has had nearly 50.
Natalie Mcknight is a literature professor(文学教授) who studies Dickens and his works. She explains why the novelist has remained so popular. One important reason, she says, is that Dickens wrote from his heart. He tried hard to produce emotional effects(情感效果) among his readers. In his works, he paid special attention to the “little man” at the bottom of society in the UK, which deeply mirrored the social reality at that time. A Christmas Carol, for example, was written to make every reader think about how they could make a difference to their society. People always enjoy works that make them laugh, cry and think. Many other 19th-century novelists wrote entertaining(娱乐的) works. However, few of them worked as hard as Dickens to touch the readers deeply.
Dicken wrote about situation and emotions that still interest people today. He used his pen to fight social inequality and gave voice to the poor. His works led to many important social changes. Readers always enjoy seeing poor people rise and succeed.
This year marks the 150th year of Dickens’ death. It’s another chance to remember this great writer. Will you read or re-read some of his famous works?
46. What is Paragraph(段落) 2 mainly about?
A. Personality of Dickens.
B. Appearance of Dickens.
C. Popularity of Dickens.
47. As a novelist, why has Dickens remained so popular?
A. He wrote for fun.
B. He wrote from his heart.
C. He mainly wrote for the upper class.
48. When people read Dickens’ novels, they could _______.
① meet the “little man” at the bottom of society in the UK
② know about the social reality at that time
③ not be influenced by the works at all
④ think about how to make a difference to their society
A. ①②③ B. ②③④ C. ①②④
49. What does the underlined word “inequality” mean in Paragraph 4?
A. 不平等 B. 不现实 C. 不稳定
50. The purpose of writing this text is probably to _______.
A. introduce Charles Dickens’ life and death
B. encourage readers to read or re-read Charles Dickens’ works
C. present the similarities between Charles Dickens and other writers
However, solar panels also have their problems. They stop working at night and on rainy days. Is it possible to make them produce electricity all of the time?
Scientists at Suzhou University, China, have invented a new solar panel now. It can produce electricity not only from solar energy but also from falling rain. When a raindrop falls on the solar panel and then rolls(滚动) down, it creates friction(摩擦力) on the surface of the panel, which can then be turned into electricity.
Sun Baoquan is one of the inventors. “Our new invention can produce electricity in any weather during the day,” he says. “It can even provide electricity at night if there is a rain.”
The solar panel, however, does not make much electricity from falling rain. So Sun Baoquan is still working hard to improve it. The scientist also wants to make soar panels more flexible, which are as soft as clothing.
The field of solar energy is developing fast. Scientists around the world have been improving solar panels. Some have been working on ways to join solar panels and wind power together. Some have been trying to use sunlight to produce liquid and gas fuels(液体和气体燃料).
51. Which energy is now the cheapest form of electricity in many parts of the world?
A. Solar energy. B. Water energy. C. Wind energy.
52. What was one of the problems of common solar panels?
A. The price of them is rising.
B. They can’t work all of the time.
C. They can hardly power people’s homes.
53. Why is the new solar panel more scientific and useful?
A. It has a larger size than a common one.
B. It produces more electricity from falling rain than solar energy.
C. It can produce electricity day and night and even in rainy conditions.
54. What does the underlined word “flexible” mean in Paragraph 5?
A. 柔软的 B. 光滑的 C. 坚硬的
55. We can infer(推断) from this text that _______.
A. there is no room for developing solar energy
B. there is no end to research in the field of solar energy
C. solar energy has completely taken the place of other kinds of energy
Mark Twain once said, “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” The famous writer talked about problem many of us have. The problem is procrastination(拖延症). When procrastination becomes a habit, it can make our lives terrible. However, everyone can avoid it by taking a few simple steps today!
★ Make daily “to do” lists.
Before your day ends, make a plan for tomorrow. List upcoming tasks in order of importance. You’ll begin each new day with head start, already knowing what needs to be done. As you complete each task, check it off. 56._______.
Always keep your daily schedule(计划) with you. Use it to remind yourself what you need to do next. You’ll then have a much better chance of carrying out your plans.
★ Break large tasks up into small ones.
If a project looks too big, 57._______. The task at hand may seem too great. You may feel defeated(挫败) before beginning. But every project is doable if it’s done in small steps.
Begin by breaking up your task into smaller parts. This helps remove the unnecessary fear of having to do large project all at one time.
If your workplace is full of distractions(使人分心的事), you’ll need to make some changes. You may need to remove your phone or TV from your workplace. If people often stop by for a talk, you may need to move to a different place.
★ Follow the five-minute rule.
The hardest part about any task is getting started. That’s why so many people avoid their work until the last minute. Doing so usually leads to added stress. One solution to this problem is to schedule a time daily to work on your big project. Work on it for only five minutes. Then decide whether or not to continue. Surprisingly, once you’ve begun, 59._______.
Jiaozi, also known as Chinese dumplings, is a must-have during holidays in Northern China. It dates back to ancient times.
Based on your taste, you can make different kinds of Chinese dumplings using different fillings. There is no set rule as to what makes dumpling fillings. They can be anything from vegetables, meat or seafood. Whatever the fillings are, the wrapping(包) skill needs to be exquisite(精美的) to make jiaozi good-looking.
As China is country with vast territory(幅员辽阔), there are differences in different areas in ways of making jiaozi or even serving it. For example, dumpling wrappers are made with a rolling stick in Beijing and Hebei province, while in some parts of Inner Mongolia, wrappers are hand-pressed.
60. When did Chinese people probably begin to have jiaozi?
61. What does jiaozi symbolize?
62. Why do people choose to eat jiaozi on New Year’s Eve?
63. Do people need to follow set rules to make dumpling fillings?
64. How are dumpling wrappers made in some parts of Inner Mongolia?
Lots of young people have never experienced home-life. Meals are cooked and clothes are washed as if by magic! 65.我们知道很多孩子不会洗衣做饭。They don’t clean the floor, make the bed or slice(切) the meat. Yes, they have homework but often no housework. But how are you ever going to learn the practical skills you will need in later life if everything is done for you? A change is coming. 66.In China, schools are now thinking about teaching life skills as subject.
We all need to prepare for real life, especially the housework. 67.我父母拥有这些技能，但他们却忘记教我了。At university, I had to learn to shop, prepare my food and cook meals. I wish my parents or my teachers had taught me all of them before! Now, I feel very confident(信心) in running a home. I especially enjoy cooking.
68. Some people might say you can order food or book services online. In fact, good life skills will make you a better student, a better workmate and a better family member in your life. Making a meal needs good planning, skillful cooking, control of temperature and a good nose! It makes you smarter!
All this needs to start early. 69.If you don’t have practical life skills, your education will be incomplete. One day, you will wonder why you have no clean socks, and why some of your best friends can cook a delicious meal but you cannot!
A: Hi, Jane. You made great progress in English during the long winter vacation. 70.____ __________________________?
B: Just by taking online courses and finishing my homework in time. Sometimes I watched the online classes again when necessary.
A: But I didn’t make full use of the time. So I can’t catch up with my classmates now. I feel worried and hopeless.
B: 71.__________________________! Read a lot and do exercises, and you’ll get improved.
A: Good idea. When I have difficulties, 72._______________________________?
B: No problem. I am always there if you need help.
A: It’s very kind of you. By the way, what’s the title of your tomorrow’s speech?
B: Only 1.5 ℃.
A: Sounds interesting. But it’s just a number. 73. _____________________________?
B: It means we need to keep temperature increases below 1.5℃.
A: If not, what would happen?
B: Unexpected disasters(灾难) would hit the earth again and again.
A: True. The forest fires in Australia have given us warnings. 74. ________________________?
B: The fires lasted for several months. It is reported that countless wild animals have been killed and thousands of people have lost their homes in the big fires.
A: What a bitter lesson!
要求： (1) 80词左右(标题和开头已给出，不计入总词数)
Be a Great Partner
As we all know, cooperation is of great importance in our daily life. __________________________________
【解析】考查形式宾语。it指代后面的to tell them from each other这个不定式。
【解析】考查过去进行时。根据回答She cut herself以及前文可得知时态跟过去相关。句意“当她在准备晚餐时她切到了自己”。
【解析】考查时态。解题关键词“last Monday”。句意: 电影我和我的祖国震惊了很多观众，上周一跃居中国电影票房第一。
【解析】考查不定代词。one…, the other… “一个…，另一个…” 。句意：学校提供了关于电脑科技的两种课程，一种是给初学者的，另一种是给那些已经有了基础知识的人。
【解析】细节题。没有提及putting stories on the school website，只有put a notice。
【解析】猜词题。由前文It’s a great book!可以得知。
【解析】猜词题。equality“平等”；inequality“不平等”。也可以由后文and gave voice to the poor可以得知。
【解析】细节题。根据第一段第四行solar energy is now the cheapest form of electricity.可知答案。
【解析】细节题。根据第二段第一行They stop working at night and on rainy days.可以得知。
【解析】猜词题。由后面的定语从句which are as soft as clothing的解释可以得知。
【解析】此题首字母必须小写，锁定答案ADE又由后面You may feel defeated(挫败) before beginning.以及本段中心思想可以得知答案选D。
60【答案】In ancient times.
61【答案】It symbolizes wealth.
62【答案】People choose to eat jiaozi in the hope of having a good future in the coming new year.
64【答案】In some parts of Inner Mongolia, dumpling wrappers are hand-pressed.
65【答案】We know that lots of children don’t know how to wash clothes and cook.
67【答案】My parents has these skills, but they forget to teach me.
70【答案】How did you do that?
72【答案】can I ask you for help?（首字母小写）
73【答案】What does it mean?
74【答案】How long did the fires last?
Be a Great Partner
As we all know, cooperation is of great importance in our daily life. Today, it’s my great honor to share my opinions on how to cooperate with others with all of you.
How to become a good cooperator? Firstly, I think listening to others carefully when they’re talking is the most important. What’s more, give some valuable suggestions politely when it’s necessary. Last but not least, we are supposed to give a hand to the person who are in need.
In my opinion, cooperation can not only help us learn from each other, but also it can help us to be a better man.